1) this song is autobiographical of the lead singer of The Script and his struggle with losing his parents.
2) The artist is very somber and sad about this as it is a tear jerking subject.
3) this video is shot in black and white which lends it a sad tone, also the main singer is seen pounding a wall and crying throughout the video. Shots of concerts depict the lead singer standing arms spread as the crowd cheers.
4) The artist isn’t wearing anything fancy, he is shown in shots at concerts infront of thousands of fans which is a fairly unattainable goal for most of us.
5) This video is a good connection between the gut wrenching lyrics and the sadness of the song, the black and white adds to that as well as the shots of the singer crying.